Natalie turned two weeks old yesterday. We are more adjusted than when I first got home from the hospital, but I know we’ve got a ways to go yet. At first, Natalie was quite the novelty and we had to watch Annie (touching) and Rosie (licking and smelling) closely. The novelty has worn off some, but I still keep Natalie in my room when I can’t be holding her just to make sure she isn’t disturbed by a wet nose or a adoring big sister.
At first I thought Natalie looked just like Annie (they have the same nose, ears), but after watching some videos of Jackson as a newborn, I think she may look more like him. Her hair is darker, more like Annie’s as a newborn. She has a little chin cleft and a birth mark on her arm. Natalie is a so far an easy baby. She doesn’t need lots of comforting, doesn’t need to be swaddled, and doesn’t seem to have any stomach issues (doesn’t spit up). She had a few nights where she slept for a five hour stretch which gives me hope she’ll be a good sleeper. The first few days, she was jaundiced and had to go in for a bilirubin test twice.
Her umbilical stump fell out on Friday (day 12). She had her first real bath Sunday (Day 14) and loved it. We’ve had a first time at a park (pictures below), first time at the library, first time at Costco, first time having a blow-out diaper get all over mommy.
Two-Week Stats:
Weight: 8 lbs 10 oz (65th percentille) Gained 1 lb 1 oz in 2 weeks.
Height: 21.75 in (97th percentille) Grew 2.25 inches in 2 weeks.
First “bath” at home
Other goings on:
We had my 29th birthday. I had wanted to go do a hotdog roast in the mountains, but the weather was bad and I ended up getting sick with Strep (Annie gave it to me). She had been sick for only a day and it wasn’t until a few days later that I looked in her throat and saw her awful tonsils looked (of course, after we had sent her to nursery). Two year olds aren’t great at telling you when something hurts. So I was indeed waited on for mother’s day weekend, but because I was sick. Colin has been amazing this weekend. On my birthday, we had a sadness after I blew out the candles. Apparently Annie thought it was her birthday and that we had been singing to her. Mean mama blew out her candles.
2 comments:
29? You are such a BABY!!!! :) :) :) I'm so happy that your little girl is an easy one. I'm really hoping for an easy one!!!
You did re-light the candles and let her blow them out didn't you?
Post a Comment