I unintentionally took the kids for a large hike today. I am a little infamous for remembering distances wrong. And steepness. My ultra-tough kids hiked a mile up the continuously steep and rocky Dry Creek Trail by Alpine. We made it to our goal of the giant rock and creek. This is a trail that is a reason I wanted to get a dog—I’ve always felt uneasy hiking alone on this trail because it goes into the lone peak wilderness and I worry about bears. It was really nice having Rosie so I didn’t have to worry.
Playing hiking hide and go seek—someone runs ahead on the trail and hides and jumps out and scares the other people. Sometimes you’ve got to play games to get kids to keep hiking.
Jackson spotted his very first lizard (probably first wild life he’s spotted on his own). He was very excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment