I think it was a sister that told me that if you want to look crazy, go sit in a corner, rock back and forth and repeat over and over “Santa Clause is coming, Santa Clause is coming.”
I’m getting ahead of myself with this post. I need to do a post about Thanksgiving and what’s happened the past two weeks. Also, we haven’t done the most important part of Christmas prep of getting our Christmas tree. Last Saturday would have been perfect to go cut a tree, but we had gotten home from Walla Walla at 2:30 in the morning and Colin wisely said we would enjoy a mountain adventure much more next weekend when we won’t be so tired. I’m excited for next Saturday.
The point of this post is to show off some crafts I worked on over Thanksgiving break. I don’t know why I have to blog every time I craft. Maybe because it’s such a rare thing—kind of like a solar eclipse.
The first is this felt Christmas tree for the kids to decorate, undecorate, and redecorate. (Felt sticks to felt apparently). I made it with the hopes that Annie will leave the real tree alone when we get it.
The second was this wreath for my front door. I got the nice pinecones from an adventure a couple months ago. We were a special spot in the mountains, so the pinecones mean something to me, if that makes any sense. And they were free—a bag of pinecones at the store was $5. I just hot glued the pinecones together using a paper plate as a guide to make it a circle.
The last are these wood spoons for part of some gifts I’m working on. (I totally stole the idea off a website.) I painted the tips red with dots and put ribbons on them. I just love how cute they are.
4 comments:
Oh! I love the felt tree and all your crafts. Where do you get felt that big?
Hobby Lobby had big bolts of felt in the fabric section.
I love your crafts! I have been trying to decide what to do for a wreath this year...we have a big bag of small pine ones in the basement that the kids collected. You have inspired me!
I am excited you get to cut down your own Christmas tree! I love your felt Christmas tree too! Such a fun idea! If it's any reassurance, neither of my girls have bothered the Christmas tree either year - which has surprised me.
Post a Comment