I’m considering starting a new blog called “Ask Annie” where people can send in their questions about life, relationships, kids, anything. Annie is very wise. She’s knows more than I do.
Annie is 17 months old today. Her personality comes out more every day; it’s fun to see what kind of person she’s going to be.
Words she says all day long: dadda, doggie, hi, bye, shoes, that, baby (all day long she is talking in her own language.)
Words she says frequently: num num, drink, cheese,
Words she says occasionally: milk, please, mama, Jackson, Jesus, where’s annie?, There she is, play, there it is, what is it, owie, out, ball, pretty
New words: Quack quack, duck, moo, elbo (elmo), mine
A long time ago, Jackson decided he was going to be a T-Rex for Halloween. Lucky for us, Grammy Goose can sew and is creative enough to come up with the costume. She even made Annie a T-rex costume. If your kids are both dinosaurs, the natural costume for their parents are paleontologists, right? I don’t think anyone really got it at the party/trick or treating. In fact, only one person gave me the reaction I was looking for. Sigh. Next time well go as something from popular culture so people know who we are.
Sometimes when we go exploring we find fabulous new places. Sometimes we don’t. Saturday, we went on a new road in Hobble Creek Canyon. The road turned out to be a dud—too scary to keep going in our jeep and we didn’t see much. We did get very close to a cow and her calf. It was cute, the cow was pretty scared of us and positioned herself behind a tree to hide from us. It was really cold too. After we turned around we went to a trail I knew was okay.
I think this is the backside of Provo peak…not sure.
For my sister Mandy’s birthday, my other sister and I took her out to dinner (Macaroni Grill) and then to the BYU symphony. This was a big deal to go out and do something fancy with no kids. I’m not going to lie, it was a ton of fun. It was so relaxing, however I still get anxiety when I go back on BYU campus that I need to go take a test or something. My (and I dare say our) favorite piece were “Lark Ascending” by Ralh Vaughan Williams. Just a beautiful song with an incredible Violin soloist throughout it.
\
And our second favorite is Mussorgsky’s “Night on Bald Mountain”, you might remember it from the original Disney movie “Fantasia”. It was a lot of fun to watch.
Today, I did a fun project with Jackson. He’s very interested maps. A few weeks back I put up a big map of the world we had lying around on his wall. He was so excited about it and wanted to know where every family member he could think of lives. Then he wanted to know who lives in all the other parts of the world. Today I made little squares with line drawings of animals from all over the world. Jackson colored them and then we taped them onto the map to show where each animal lives. He LOVED this and wanted to do more and more animals. I thought it was a pretty good educational activity. If I were to do it over, I would make smaller squares so we could fit more animals.
No comments:
Post a Comment