One of my favorite things is a kid, straight out of the bath, clean jammies, in a bed ready to read.
Jackson’s primary program was yesterday and the practice on Saturday. I had no idea, but he’s got a gang of buddies in his class and they are, quite frankly, pretty disruptive. I guess I thought Jackson was a shy, sit in his seat kind of a kid. Nope. During the practice and that actual program I watched as he and his friends constantly were up to no good. Part of me was laughing my head off at him swinging his tie around and fake fighting the boy next to him. Another part of me is horrified. (Not a very big part--they are four year old boys. What can you expect?) The last part of me is relieved that he has friends--that my kid knows how to make friends. That’s something that I’ve worried about is how Jackson is going to do socially as he gets into school. (I’m sure I’m not the only mom who worries about that.) I didn’t know he had friends because I’m never in primary or his class and he doesn’t talk about them. I don’t think he even knew their names until I asked him “Are you friends with Ammon?”, “Yeah!”, “Are you friends with Landon?” “Yeah!”, “How about Blake?”, “Yeah, he’s so funny.” I guess I just feel silly for discovering a part of Jackson’s life I didn’t know about.
This week we got the 2nd and biggest snow storm of the year. That’s how many storms we had total last winter so I’m hopeful this winter will be better. Jackson loves the snow so much and keeps asking to go play in it.
Annie missed out on the snow because she was sick all week with strep throat. We baby sat a boy last week who ended up having strep so that’s where she got it. I’m counting my blessings that she was the only one that got it. She’s been pretty miserable and grumpy all week. I am suspicious that it’s just strep. Either the Amoxicillin is affecting her more than we think or she’s got another virus. She had an amoxicillin rash which the PA said was not an allergic reaction. No one really believes me, but I think she is having some balance, walking problems. She wants to be carried. The PA said maybe she had inflammation in her hips from a virus. She was doing well enough to go to church yesterday, so I’m hopeful we might have a normal day soon. She does not like the taste of the antibiotic. Saturday evening was the first time she’s gotten out of the house. We went for a little walk to see the new snow.
Friendly mule, posing for picture. I’ll have to bring him some num-nums next time.
Friendly four-year old, posing for picture. I’ll have to give him some num-nums later too.
No comments:
Post a Comment