Sunday, October 7, 2012

Favorite Thing

DSC_0335

 

I love line-dried laundry. It comes from my childhood when we had a long clothes line that my mom used a lot. The laundry would dry quickly in the warm New Mexico sun. I love the smell the clothes pick up from the air. I love watching the fabric move and sway in the wind. Colin made me a clothes line with rope in our back patio. When we buy a house, I plan on putting in a real clothes line—I’ve never seen a new house with one. With how energy efficient we all are supposedly becoming, I’m surprised more people don’t line dry their clothes. I wish I new how much money I was saving for every load I line dry instead of putting in the dryer.

1 comment:

MC said...

I like to line dry clothes too. However I have discovered high humidity makes it difficult for the clothes to dry quickly.