Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Twix

DSC_0480 

This picture sums our week pretty much. Jackson is the sickest he’s ever been that I can remember. He has a stomach virus and he’s been just miserable and hasn’t slept much the last 3 nights. I’m having to force him to eat. I’m going to take him back into the doctor tomorrow if he doesn’t improve tonight.

I am throwing a baby shower for a woman in my ward who is having twin girls. The theme is “Twice as sweet.” The decorations will be baby pink and chocolate brown. There is a really fun candy bar game we are going to play. It’s a little stressful to put together, but fun because I haven’t had to use my creative brain muscles or my organizational brain muscles for a while.

image

 

Annie is doing well. I am amazed by how much she’s grown and how chubby she seems. She gives smiles away a lot; usually she just has to catch a glimpse of my face to make her smile. She did an encouraging 4 hour stretch the other night, but I didn’t get to enjoy it because Jackson was sick and up.  I am doing a lot better than with Jackson in letting her fall asleep on her own so hopefully we won’t have sleep problems. Her hair is coming in nicely on the back of her head, but still isn’t coming on top so she looks like a balding man. Here’s a picture of her trying very hard to look like Colin. If you don’t believe me, look at the picture of Colin as a kid.

DSC_0380Photo00007

 

 

One of the many bad parts of having a sick kid is that you get stuck in the house along with your kid. No walks, parks, or play dates. I miss being outside. Here are some pictures I took of outside to make me feel better.

DSC_0377

DSC_0474

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine having a child that sick, plus a newborn. You make it all look so easy. I can't even imagine having such a sick toddler, and being thrilled that my baby "slept for 4 hours straight at night." You're amazing. I hope things improve quickly for you. Annie is so very cute!