Sunday, June 12, 2011

The First Week

DSC_0314

I’m having total writer’s block, coming up with what to write about Annie’s first week. It’s probably because so much happened or could be said. Or it’s because I have new mommy brain, which is a little worse than pregnancy brain. Things have been going really well. Surprisingly, wonderfully, well. All things considered (postpartum pain, nursing pain, sleep interruptions, etc.), the most difficult part has been Jackson and his attention seeking behaviors.

Annie is a doll. She’s perfect. I realized after the 2nd day or so, that she didn’t need to be swaddled. She usually very calm and doesn’t fuss, but can sure yell when she gets mad. Things that make her mad are moving her and when she’s hungry and the food hasn’t shown up yet. She usually stops yelling when she hears my voice. She doesn’t spit up much. Her umbilical cord fell off in the other night. I can tell it was too early for it come off, so likely it got on her clothes and tore off. She takes a pacifier. She has hairy ears.  

We have been trying to get back into routine to help Jackson. We’ve gone for walks and to the store. Saturday, we did our first adventure in the mountains. It was short-lived because the road above Sundance is still closed. We did get to see the back side of Timpanogos in all it’s glory. We went to Heber and got lunch at the Dairy Keen, which is a Burger place with a model train running through it. I should have known Jackson wouldn’t eat any of his food with that kind of distraction. Annie was asleep the entire trip.

DSC_0676

Today we went for a walk and Jackson rode his tricycle. When I wasn’t looking, it turned into Summer.

DSC_0686

DSC_0717

DSC_0688

DSC_0703

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I love it! Doesn't sound like writers block to me. Glad you guys had an adventure too.

Anonymous said...

So so cute! I am so glad that things are go so smoothly, and that she is a good baby! You look great, and seem better rested than i was during the first week.