Saturday, August 21, 2010

Good Morning

Don’t you just love Saturday mornings?

Heaven’s light flows through the windows, warming even walls of stone.

In the refuge of the temple, I find strength beyond my own.

I can feel the pow’r of Heaven as I stand on holy ground,

and the Spirit whispers what I long to lean.

Eyes are touched with understanding, I can see beyond this world.

It’s the place I reach for Heaven, and it reaches in return.

Filled with purpose, filled with power, granted gifts to lift the world.

In God’s house and in his presence I am filled with strength to serve.

I can feel the pow’r of Heaven as I stand on holy ground,

and the Spirit whispers what I long to lean.

Eyes are touched with understanding, I can see beyond this world.

It’s the place I reach for Heaven, and it reaches in return.

Strength Beyond My Own

Steven Kapp Perry

No comments: