Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Hiking

Yesterday, Jackson and I went for a “dumb” hike. I want to hike as much as I can before I grow a tummy and can’t wear the back pack anymore. We tried to hike to the G (for Pleasant Grove) on the side of the mountain. The “nice” hike equivalent would have been hiking to the Y—a trail that is not too steep and you actually end up at the Y. Our hike was very steep and I wasn’t sure where the G was exactly so we didn’t make it. It was still nice to be outside. I had to go VERY slowly to keep my heart rate down. I didn’t realize how fast hiking gets your heart rate up, way faster than jogging.

HPIM2869

Jackson hydrating before the hike.

 HPIM2871

Jackson is really getting into rocks. He had to be holding one at all times during the hike. He played for half an hour with rocks after our hike until I made him leave, which did not make him happy.

 

My doctor’s appointment on Monday was fine. I didn’t actually see my doctor as the appointment was just to get my blood and medical history. They did set up an ultrasound for today because she was suspicious that I am not as far long as I say I am. I am very impressed with this new doctor office. (Thanks Julie for the tip!) I am hoping this will be a lot better experience than I had with my first doctor. I will be delivering at American Fork Hospital which is just down the road. I am sure I will be posting again with ultrasound pictures this evening. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

1 comment:

The Halls said...

I love it when the seasons change and we are able to go outside and play in the nice weather. I admire you for going on a hike and taking advantage of the weather.
I am so excited for you. Hope all turns out well at the Dr.!!!!