Friday, March 5, 2010

A few things on my mind today

Waiting for spring DSC_0129 

We got a lot of snow last night and this morning—very  disappointing. We had been making so much progress towards spring. Jackson and I went hiking last week even.  Jackson’s bucket of chalk looked like a lovely snow cone this morning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Earthquakes

Something is going on with the earth lately.  The more I hear about Haiti and Chile, the more nervous I get about the big earthquake that is supposed to hit the Wasatch front. Colin assures me that the building we live in is too light to collapse in an earthquake, but I am still scared of something happening and not being able to get to Jackson.

image

From http://earthquake.usgs.gov. Shows all earthquakes>2.5 in the last week, biggest squares >7

Frustration with congress and Obama

Don’t get me started. I will only say one thing, that I am terrified of how much power these people have and that I will be genuinely surprised if we can pull out the next few years without some serious long term damage to our economy and our country’s freedoms.

 

Milkaholic

Jackson has really gotten into drinking cow’s milk. I keep thinking of this commercial as he walks around with his sippy cup of milk.

 

This week Jackson learned to say “moo” it sounds more like “mmm”. He also learned to distinguish ducks from other birds and says “ka” for quack. I think he realizes that cats are not dogs, and started to say “eow” for meow. He says “aaa” for apple.

No comments: