November was a month full of packing, labeling, cleaning, eating fast food, stress, signing our name, more stress, loading, unloading, and unpacking. In short, we bought and house and moved in. The long story includes lots more stress and changing of plans because goofs by our bank and our sellers not being ready to move out. We loaded up on Saturday (thank you to all those that helped!) and camped out in our house for the weekend. Monday night, we got word that all the money was transferred so we went and helped them move out so we could move in. They ended up needing to use our truck because they didn’t get one big enough. We are excited to have our own home and more excited for the prospect of a normal day--someday in the future.
This is the living room of our new house—Colin’s cleaning the carpet.
In all the craziness of moving, we went to Idaho for Thanksgiving. The kids got to see lots of their cousins. Colin did his first 5k ever with me (the course was at least a .5 miles too long) . Colin ended up beating me. I’m hoping he enjoyed himself enough to want to do things like that with me in the future. I probably should have picked a race that wasn’t so cold.
Today we went to get cut down our own Christmas tree. It’s so hard to think about Christmas things when I’m still trying to unpack and get our house set up, but I jumped at the opportunity to get away to the mountains.
People want to see pictures of the new house, and I promise, I’ll get there. For now, this is the only room that is set up. We don’t have much use for a formal sitting room, but we could use an awesome toy room.
1 comment:
I love your pictures and I'm glad you got your tree. :)
Post a Comment