Height: 3’ 11”
Grew 3.5 inches this year. He’s above the 97th percentile for height.
Weight: 53.2 lbs
Gained 9.8 lbs this year. He’s at the 96th percentile for weight.
I’m going to regret not writing something down about what Jackson is like at 5 years old. Socially—he loves to be with other people. He does not like playing by himself. I am so grateful that Annie is around for him to play with or else he’d be bugging me all day to play with him. We’ve always said, Jackson was meant to be a twin. I’m hoping when we buy a house and move, there will be several boys his age in the neighborhood to play with.
Jackson can read pretty well for being a pre-kindergartener—his biggest obstacle to reading is laziness. If he is motivated, he can figure out lots of words. He’s a problem solver and is very bright. He loves following directions to make lego creations. He also loves trying to make his own Lego creations and then draw directions on how to build it. His drawing skills at 5 years old are limited so he has to get lots of help to make it happen. His ambitions are bigger than his skills at this point. I love seeing all the engineering math and science skills he’s got.
Jackson loves to eat. If it’s something he really loves, he can eat quite a lot of it. He’s not a picky kid. He does have a hard time with a certain genre of foods that I don’t know how to classify: whipped cream, cream cheese, melted mozerella cheese (he hasn’t been eating pizza lately!, soggy tortillas (enchiladas), sour cream, ranch and cream pies. He does great eating vegetables and fruit. His favorite dinners are usually chicken and rice or chicken and mashed potatoes. He loves eating meat now. His favorite fruit are peaches. He loves treats of all kinds.
Jackson still has some fears and anxieties, but he’s come a long, long way. His noise sensitivity is still there, but I think he’s figured out how to cope with it. The scariest thing for him is using a public restroom because some public restrooms have insanely loud toilets. He’s a much more confident kid all together. He loves going to preschool and talking about being a big boy. He wakes up at night much less often now. He’s still not night time potty trained, and probably won’t be for a long time. Hope we can find big enough pull-ups because this kids going to be huge. He likes to sleep with several stuffed animals now—Annie has taught him to love stuffed animals.
He loves playing video games and he’s pretty good at it. I never would of thought I’d be the one to let a kid his age play video games, but I can see how much he enjoys it and the problem solving he does is great. Of course, he doesn’t like to do things by himself so he always wants me to play too.
Jackson is a very positive kid. He’s really good at being excited for holidays and trips. It’s very edifying. He’s very grateful when he receives gifts and has a wonderful memory of remembering who gave him things. I’m often surprised when he correctly says who gave him a toy he got a couple of years ago.
Jackson has gotten into drawing in the last year. He does it do it as much, I think, because he wants it to be perfect and gets frustrated when he messes up. He draws monsters and robots a lot. We’ve tried taking one of his training wheels off his bike. He did pretty good balancing until he forgets the training wheel isn’t there and falls. He might be able to conquer a bike with no training wheels in the coming year.
Behavior—most behavior problems come from when he’s had a lack of stimulation, attention, or an outlet for exercise. He really is a good kid, but I can tell by how he behaves if he didn’t get enough that day. When he gets bored, he may start teasing or messing with his sister. He needs attention he might be extra whinny.
Jackson’s personality has come out so much. He loves to be silly and make jokes and tease. He can be very animated and creative. As of now, he still wants to hold my hand, snuggle and get attention from me.
No comments:
Post a Comment