When I look and see it’s been two weeks since I’ve posted anything, I know something has had to have happened. So I go look at my SD card and that helps. I guess that’s why it’s called a memory card.
First sleep over-
My sister and her husband wanted to celebrate their 8th wedding anniversary, so we tended Celeste overnight so they could go to the opera. Celeste was very well behaved and didn’t miss her parents so it was easy. The only hard part was having to go tell the three year olds to stop talking and go to sleep a few times. I kick myself for having not sat outside the door and listened to what three year olds talk about. Jackson knows how to show a girl a good time by having her play in his dirt pile.
Olympic park (Lehi)-
Some Saturday, we went to one of my favorite parks. It’s in Lehi and has fun playground equipment and a nice view of the mountains. If you look at the pictures, look for (1) Annie’s hair sticking up (2) Jackson trying to throw rocks into the Jordan river, but hitting the guard rail instead (3) Big people on kid slides
The pink bandit-
“Caught pink-handed” Annie is at the age where she likes to take things out and put things into other things. For example, when we went shopping, she enjoyed throwing things out of the cart that she could reach. We keep the kid plates/cups/bowls down low and this is her favorite drawer to empty.
Bike rides-
I’m thrilled both kids fit in the bike trailer. Well, sort of. Jackson is too tall for the arm straps to go over his shoulders so it isn’t exactly a 5 point harness. Before I get questions about where are the kidls helmets, let me assure you that we were only on a bike path and Colin didn’t ride very fast. Annie’s head is 45 cm and her helmet is for 48-52 cm, so hopefully soon it will fit her head so she can wear it and we can ride on roads. I’m excited that they fit because Jackson outgrew my jogging stroller by quite a bit. I wonder how close I would have to have kids in order to have them both fit in that stroller.
City creek -
We did something completely out of character and went to see City Creek the day after it’s grand opening. We don’t care for shopping much and we especially don’t care for large crowds. City Creek is a giant mixed use shopping center across the street from temple square. The Church owned the property and foot the bill to build it. It’s pretty impressive. There were LOTS of people there. The only store I really wanted to go into was the Disney store, but there was a long line to get in. Sadness. We will have to go back in a year or two when the lines aren’t long. We got to see the Blue Melon restaurant (it’s really the Blue Lemon but I can’t ever seem to call it that) that my sister, the architect, helped design.
No comments:
Post a Comment