There are a few new posts, so be sure to scroll down.
We have a catch-all euphemism for nursing and all things related to it. I imagine other families do this too, maybe “mama milk” or something like that. In our house, it’s “milkie”. The other day, Jackson was at Joy School at another mom’s house and the woman put a blanket over her shoulder to feed her baby. Jackson looked at her in amazement and proclaimed “You have milkies too!?! My mom has milkies. Annie gets milkie too.” She told me this and said, “in case Jackson talks about me having milkies, this is why.” Later, Jackson saw Colin without his shirt on, and asked “do you have milkies? Mommy and Braedon’s mommy have milkies”.
Jackson asks for things now. ALL THE TIME. Usually he says something like, “I want _________________ for my birthday.” Here is a list of things he’s recently wanted to buy:
- pogo stick
- a pet
- a new house
- car set like Braedon’s
- train set like Bradeon’s
- a new dinosaur set
- a new marble set
- a cat
- a new car (a real one)
- trampoline
- garbage truck
- a t-rex garbage truck
- Asked to go to: Disneyland and Dinosaur Museum (thanksgiving point)
Annie has some cute mannerisms. If she gets excited about something, she makes a “oh” sound and holds her hand up. (Imagine someone putting their hand up to say stop.) She does this when she sees Jackson, Daddy, or me for the first time in a little while or a stuffed animal she likes or maybe something on TV. When she gets really excited, she makes a “ooooo” sound. She does this when she sees things like colorful playgrounds or especially jewelry. Annie loves shiny jewelry.
I have a tendency to say “Really?!” when I get frustrated with something, especially Annie. The other day we were stuck in traffic and Annie was fussy. I had handed Annie something to play with and she very soon after cried again. Jackson piped up for me: “Really?!”
This morning I mentioned to Colin that the tag on my shirt always is sticking up. Jackson overheard this and proclaimed “I want to play tag!”
Colin works with drillers a lot. The often have people come up and ask them what they are drilling for and usually joke about if they are drilling for oil. One of the drillers came up with a perfect response for people: “All I heard was Walmart”. I will explain why this is funny because some of you might not get it. It’s funny because everyone HATES Walmart and doesn’t want one near them so this gets them worried that a Walmart is going to be built at that spot.
No comments:
Post a Comment