The week before last, I was having a crummy, no-good, pull-my-hair-out day. I’m not sure exactly what possessed me to do it, but I went into my bathroom, took out the scissors and began to cut. Not sure what it is in life when you are unhappy with your current situation that makes you want to change things. Things like dying your hair or rearranging the furniture. Obviously, hair and furniture isn’t the true source of unhappiness, but for a brief moment, you are in control. You have power to make a change. Your hair was blonde and now it’s red. That’s good enough proof that you can effectively change something, right?
I haven’t had bangs since I was about 10 years old. Back then I curled them, fluffed them up and laid on the Aqua Net. I’ve been contemplating bangs for a while as a way to hide my gigantic forehead. I had to dye my hair too because all of the sudden I could see all my gray hairs. At first, I had major regrets and pinned the bangs up. I am pretty sure I have the same hair cut as most of the little girls in the ward. Now I am more used to them and have embraced the new look.
I don’t like major hair changes because I can’t stand the complements. That’s because it’s hard to tell if something looks good because it is an actual improvement or just because it’s different than it was before. So, after a week and a half of weeks of living with blunt bangs, I think (1) it was a mistake to cut them myself (2) I look better with bangs (3) blunt bangs may or may not be the best kind of bangs for me (4) It’s was a good experience to do something bold and crazy, especially because my looks haven’t changed much in the past decade.
6 comments:
I think you look like a movie star.
Or the lady on the Ghost Whisperer.
Amy said I looked like the singer Feist. Grammy goose said I look like the girl with the dragon tatoo.
YOU LOOK HOOOOOOOOT! I love the bangs and the color! Wow, you are lucky that this sporatic whim resulted in a positive. My results- usually regret, heheheheh. GOOD MOVE!
P.S. You are not alone. In college I came home one day and just wanted a change. I was frustrated with whatever was going on in my life, I can't even remember..., but I came home and chopped off A LOT OF HAIR! From my mid back to my chin. Yeah, yours is a lot better, hehehheehehe.
i like the bangs. keep them.
I haven't had bangs since i was a little girl. i'm too afraid, but maybe one day i'll be as bold as you and just do it!
Post a Comment