Jackson got his chipped tooth fixed today. I would put a picture of the new tooth, but the SD card that had the picture has disappeared. I lost my mind a little today with Colin gone.
We woke up at 6:00 am today to get to the dentist by 6:15. They had Jackson sit on my lap and distracted him with a box of toys while they gave him a shot of sedative. It was fascinating to watch Jackson. The drug kicked in very quick and his eyes glazed over. His eyes looked like fish eyes, if that makes any sense. He looked at me and said “hi mama” in a dreamy voice. They took him back and put him under general anesthesia. They put a crown on the tooth. The procedure was very quick. I went back and waited for him to wake up. When he finally woke up, he was still loopy from the first shot. That lasted for several hours. I’m pretty sure his vision was doubled, because he immediately looked at me confused and said “mama has two eyes”. That sounds right, but you have to know that Jackson doesn’t count real well yet, and usually says two for anytime there is more than one of thing. I think he was saying I had two sets of eyes. For a long time after, he would look at me and talk about my two eyes. Later in the day, he looked at me and said “mama no have two eyes” so I took that to mean things were back to normal. Then he said “mama look funny at the dentist”. It also took him a while to be able to sit up by himself or walk. Here’s a video so you can get a taste of it.
If you are wondering about the title of this post, it’s a quote from “the Office”.
1 comment:
Wow, poor little guy. I'm glad he's done with that. You brave mama.
Post a Comment