Sunday, November 29, 2009

Amazing Thanksgiving Week

TUESDAY – VISIT FROM COUSIN CELESTE

 

 

WEDNESDAY – WALK IN THE PARK

 

THURSDAY – THANKSGIVING DINNER AT MY HOUSE

 

 

FRIDAY – ARCHES NATIONAL PARK

 

DSC_0120 Stitch

 

 

SATURDAY – CANYONLANDS NATIONAL PARK

 

DSC_0194

Stitch

DSC_0232 Stitch

 

I’m sorry I didn’t write any explanations—I hope the pictures speak for themselves. I will write my top memories from the week:

1. Jackson in his new car (his Christmas present from Grammy). He enjoyed being pushed around in it immensely. Too cute!

2. The running Susan Boyle joke. For a while Mandy had us convinced that Susan Boyle sang a version of  Bon Jovi’s “Shot through the heart”.

3. Feeling special because I’m a mom. In the National Parks and Moab, everyone looked at Jackson like they weren’t used to seeing babies. We decided that most of the people there must be foreigners or yuppies that don’t have kids. In Utah valley, moms are a dime a dozen and kids are a penny a dozen. It was nice to be somewhere where I felt unique and in a way important.

4. All that extremely fresh air and the fact that when I close my eyes, still all I can see are red rocks and cliffs.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Great blogging! And the video with Jackson & Celeste made me cry.

Bethany said...

Amazing pictures. I LOVED the video, especially the binky sharing part.