Thursday, November 12, 2009

I’m back!

The lovely unsecured wireless internet signal we had been using disappeared after the snow storm a few weeks ago. We had been putting off buying internet in the hopes that the signal would magically reappear. Well, it didn’t come back, so now we are happy to be a little more honest and safely using the internet without the risk of having our computers hacked into. 

 

For Halloween, we hung out with the Colin’s family (the Lehites, as I call them). We really enjoyed D. (Obi Wan) and L. (the cutest witch ever!) in their costumes. Jackson had a blast with all the kids running around. 

 

 

 

Jackson was sick for a week with what we now know was Roseola. He had a fever for 4-5 days, diarrhea, and then a rash all over the trunk of his body after the fever broke. The rash is what helped us finally diagnose his problem. Roseola is caused by a virus and is apparently pretty common in babies. I had never heard about it before, but now I am an expert! So if your baby gets mild diarrhea, a mid grade fever that won’t quit for 3-5 days, and is extremely irritable and tired (with no other flu/cold symptoms) I bet he/she has Roseola. Now, Jackson has immunity from that particular herpes virus for the rest of his life.

2 comments:

msm said...

Hooray!

The Halls said...

Yay, What a cute little Halloween clan.
Poor little guy, being sick is no fun. That is nice that he is better and immune to that now.