Monday, September 21, 2009

Hamongog anyone?

For FHE, we went for a little hike on the Dry Creek Canyon Trailhead, above Alpine. I was surprised to find a very lush and beautiful forest. I guess the name “Dry Creek” tricked me. The trail goes into the Lone Peak Wilderness Area. We can’t figure out which mountain is actually Lone Peak. In trying to figure it out, I discovered the names of the different peaks in the nice rocks above Alpine are called First Hamongog, East Hamongog, Second Hamongog, which is a funny word found in the Bible. We found lots of nice granite—probably the same as the temple granite. We didn’t go too far because it was too cool for Jackson. I am intrigued and want to explore the area more.

 

The Hamongogs or maybe Lone Peak, who knows?

DSC_0245 

DSC_0258

DSC_0260

(I really like this picture)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed. That last pic is very nice.