Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Babies and Clouds

Last week, Colin went to work in Wellington, Utah for three days (the last little town after Price on your way to Moab). He spent Wednesday and Thursday night there. I took advantage of his being gone to go to Logan to see my new niece, Autumn Rebecca Phillips. What a little sweetheart! It brought back memories of the pain, the exhaustion, the “baptism by fire” of learning how to be a mom, but also the joy of having a new little person in the family. Jackson was a little monster around the new baby. He would cry a confused little cry  when Autumn would cry. He was terribly fascinated by the little baby but didn’t know how to interact with it so he would “pat” her and even tried to bite her leg once. We had to keep him separated from her. He was also terribly jealous if I held her. I now have  a new sympathy/respect for moms who have babies a year apart.

 

DSC_0032

 

Jackson has been working on his four canine teeth. He has cut one and the other three are close. Thank heavens for baby ibuprofen. He has been getting better at cruising and will stand unaided for longer periods of time. I don’t think he will be walking before his first birthday. He is a huge baby; he was 23.8 lbs the last time I weighed him a few weeks ago.  He is always a lot larger than babies older than him. We have been speculating what sports he will do; I guess we will have to put him in all and see what he picks. Oh what a fun thought! Just a few years to t-ball and little kid soccer. His latest trick that makes us laugh and laugh is that he gives us an evil/stink eye look and than laughs when we laugh at him. I will have to try and capture that on video. 

 DSC_0100

 

Yesterday, we had some impressive thunderstorms. Here are some pictures I took with my lovely 200 mm lens. Thanks Mandy!

For FHE, we went for a drive and ended up North Highland BLVD which is the road that connects Highland to Draper over the mountain. We went that direction because there was an impressive cloud billowing over the mountain. We ended up driving through the cloud. I was nervous, but Colin seem unphased by the lack of visibility. When we made it to the top, we didn’t know where we were and couldn’t see anything, so we had to flip a U-turn so we wouldn’t get lost. I was hoping to see the Draper temple, a shinning beacon in the mists of darkness, but the mists were too thick.

 

The Cloud

DSC_0123 

 

In the Cloud

DSC_0170

 

The view once out of the Cloud

DSC_0180

1 comment:

The Halls said...

Those clouds are amazing. Your camera is awesome. I get so nervous while driving through fog (I guess that is what it was)but men don't seem to be phased by it.
What sweet little babies. Jackson is just so cute.