Sunday, August 30, 2015

Best Vacation Ever Day 3

On Monday, we left Walla Walla and headed for the Oregon coast with Colin’s parents. Most of the drive is through the Columbia River gorge. I had never seen the Columbia River before—it’s the biggest river I’ve ever seen. There were lots of interesting dams and bridges the entire way.

 

DSC_0168

DSC_0211

DSC_0232

DSC_0233

DSC_0236

A barge

DSC_0245

MT. Hood and The Dalles

 

We had intended on hiking to Maltnomah Falls outside of Portland, but there were massive amounts of people and no parking anywhere, so we kept driving a little bit and found another waterfall—Bridal Veil Falls--to hike to and have a picnic.

 

DSC_0257

DSC_0261

DSC_0262

DSC_0274

I encouraged the kids to come wade in the creek but after a while and to my horror I found the bottom of the creek was covered with rusty nails. Luckily no one cut their little feet. Annie fell in the water though.

 

DSC_0288

DSC_0295

DSC_0296

We pass through Portland but didn’t stop. It looks beautiful—we’ll have to come back and explore it. After what felt like an eternity of driving we finally made it to the coast. Our little beach house was just across the road from the beach in Oceanside.

 

DSC_0313

Our beach house

After dinner we rushed down to the beach for my kids’ first time on a real beach. We were in such a rush, we didn’t grab jackets which we really needed.

DSC_0333

DSC_0337

DSC_0344DSC_0348

The tiny town of oceanside

DSC_0359DSC_0361DSC_0370DSC_0383DSC_0384DSC_0387

DSC_0388

DSC_0391DSC_0395 Stitch - CopyDSC_0405DSC_0408

DSC_0434

DSC_0437

No comments: