Had my 20 week ultrasound yesterday. It’s a girl! That’s three for three for guessing my baby’s gender correctly. If it was all chance, that’s a 13% probability of guessing a baby’s gender right correctly three times in a row. I have a leg up on guessing because I have dreams about my babies and so far the gender in the dream has been correct every time. I stole the UltraSound Tech’s thunder because I spotted the gender at the exact moment she did (you see enough of these, you know exactly what you are looking at). I could tell she was disappointed she didn’t have her big “reveal” she probably likes to do.
I was inexplicably nervous about the ultrasound so I didn’t mention to many people that it was happening. The older I get, the more I worry, and my worry and imagination have gone wild with this baby. Part of the problem was not feeling movement near as early as with my other two (only recently been feeling movement). That was explained during the ultrasound—the placenta is smack dab in front and it looked quite large to me. Being able to see her helped reassure me that she’s doing okay—I won’t know of any real problems until my next appointment with the doctor, but I didn’t get any “something is wrong” vibes from the ultrasound tech. She looks like a healthy baby to me.
And she already has a sense of humor:

2 comments:
You have dreams about your babies' gender? I have wacko dreams. WACKO.
And about being worried about babies' overall health, whether mental/physical, I for some reason have worried about baby #3 too, googling all sorts of possibilities. But a friend recently calmed me down, saying, "I truely believe that those sweet precious spirits are entrusted to the right people..." Anyway, it calmed me a bit.
Congrats on having a girl!
I enjoyed the last 2 pictures where you jokingly compare them. Congrats on a girl!!
Post a Comment