Monday, February 4, 2013

20 months old

DSC_0283

My baby is quickly turning into a big girl. She’s out grown her 2T clothes, 3T fits perfectly.  I think she went though a growth spurt recently to be that big.

DSC_0022

At 20 months, Annie can say a lot of words and phrases. I’ve been listening to her the past week trying to write them down. I know I’m missing some. She speaks clearly and pronounces most things correctly. She is at the age that you where you can say “Annie, say ‘I love you.’” and she’ll try her hardest to say it. These are the words she uses on her own all the time.

 

Mamma, Dadda, Annie, Jackson, Stars, “A, B, C”, Horse, Bear, Silky, Hat, Shoe, Drink, Please, Oh, Up, Out, Kitty, Book, Go, Owie, Baby, Pretty, Cute, “quack quack”, “moo”, “roar”, “meow”, “who who”, night-night, bye-bye, Hi, Hello, Cheese, Cracker, Apple, Ball, Balloon, Bubble, No, No-No, Fishy, What is it?, There it is, There you go, There she is, Where’s Annie?, Diaper, Open Door, Mine, That, Car, Choo-Choo, Wee!, “boing, boing”, I see you, Hot, Cold, Trash, Juice, Mandy, Treat, Help, Bath, Potty, Thank you, Dress, Coat, Shoe, “e-i-e-i-oooo”, Three, tries to sing twinkle twinkle little star, Pumpkin, Bath, Help, Num num, putter (peanut butter), Nose, Hair, puter (computer), Chair, Picture, Hungry, Nose (snow),  Elmo, Barble (marble), Mess, Mouse, Car, Yummy, Poop

Annie is still really into dolls and pushing them around in a stroller or shopping cart. She also likes playing trains or legos with Jackson. She’s very tough and laughs as Jackson wrestles her (most of the time). She’s shown much more interest in “drawing” and coloring. She’s still sleeping in a crib and yet to show signs of trying to climb out, thank heavens. Physically, she can run and jump very well now. I’d still call her a good sleeper, but she’s showing signs of outgrowing naps too early for my liking. Her favorite movie is “Brave” and I’ve had to hide it because she brings it to me to watch several times a day and throws a little fit when I say no. She loves the horse in it. Annie’s shown more independence and opinions lately and gets upset to be told “no”. She sometimes downright defiant and will do things on purpose as you are telling her not to. She must think it’s amusing. She’s outgrown her complete lack of stranger fear and now has a healthier caution about complete strangers. She’s still fine to go to nursery on her own (yay, we were released!). She’s more cautious about going down slides and things like that. She’s shown interest in potty’s, but in all the times she’s said she wants to sit on the potty, she’s only gone once—I don’t plan on really potty training for a while. Might wait until she’s two and she is ready.

DSC_0195

Annie has been such a joy to me lately. (Both my kids have been, actually.) It’s been fun to see her personality come out. She’s always been and still is a little more serious. She doesn’t laugh or smile for just anything so you know it’s genuine when she does. She has moments where she is downright silly and vying for attention or just being silly to entertain herself. With her grown in the front almost all the way, it’s fun to see her look like such a big girl and so pretty. She’s loves getting her hair done and will go stand on the stool in front of the mirror asking me to do her hair. She likes to play with the colorful rubber bands while I do it. She still loves real babies. She gives the best hugs and now kisses.

DSC_0287

No comments: