Saturday, January 5, 2013

Making Progress

Before I take the deep plunge into planning girls camp, I’ve been working on reigniting personal progress in our ward. (Personal progress is a reward type program for the young women at church.)This is a little uncharted water for me—I’m going off how I remember it being done when I was a young women and what I glean from conversations with my sister who is a young women’s president. I’m not exactly sure what has been done in the ward before.

I plan on having a value we focus on each month—hopefully matching well with what is being taught in the brand new youth manual. For example, this month we are going to do Divine Nature and all the lessons are about the Godhead. We’ll do different things to encourage the girls to work on the value experiences and have a little reward for girls that complete a value experience. I saw a cute idea of having a basket with only things in the color of the value; I’m imagining a basket full of little blue nail polish, blue glitter pens, almond joy, crunch bars...maybe you can help me think of little things that are blue teenage girls would like. 

I wanted to put something up at church in the young women’s room to remind the girls to work on personal progress. I got all graphic and designed these 8x10’s in Photoshop. I’m pretty darn proud of them. I hope the rest of my plan goes as well.

 

Choice and Accounrtability copyDivine Nature copy

Good Works copyFaith copy

Individual Worth copyIntegrity copy

Virtue copyKnowledge copy

 

*In the off chance that one of you are in YWs and want to borrow these images, let me know and I will get you the full size pictures. I also haven’t printed all of them yet, so some might need tweaking.

1 comment:

Dee said...

Wow! Awesome job on the value posters! They look fantastic!