Friday, August 24, 2012

I’m popeye the sailor man

Since getting done with girls camp, I have had an excess amount of time, emotional energy, and brain power. It’s fabulous. My newest time-consuming project is getting Colin and I back on a track for a healthy lifestyle. I don’t think Colin would want me to go into great detail about our plans and goals. I am reluctant too because I’ve successfully failed at following through with past fitness related goals that I broadcasted to the world about on this blog.

This week, I’ve had to dust off my brain and use my degree to come up with meal plans. Everyday, I’ve made some nutritious and calorie-light meals for us. I knew this once, but vegetables are truly the secret to feeling full and keeping within a calorie budget. 

I heard that Spinach was the trendy new breakfast food. So I thought, I can be trendy just this once. This is my fruit salad I had for breakfast this morning – spinach, oranges, strawberries, blueberries, almonds, poppy seed dressing. Total calories for the plate: 250.

DSC_1451

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! That plate looks awesome! what is the recipe?