This post is not in any logical order. Forgive my scatter-brainess.
Here are some of the fun things we did last Saturday with my family:
(Dying Easter eggs)
Jackson has some major sound sensitivity issues. You may have not noticed, but pools, especially indoor pools, are extremely loud places. We’ve gone a few times to pools before but Jackson has never enjoyed it. Mandy suggested he wear ear plugs and it made a word of difference. He loved swimming. I put ear plugs in for Annie too because it was so loud. It was Annie’s first time swimming. She was sick so I don’t think she enjoyed it as much as she would have. She loves water.
Annie was already fighting a fever Saturday, so when we went to visit Colin’s family, it was getting worse. She was grumpy and wouldn’t smile for anyone. She wouldn’t fall asleep so I went for a drive during conference to get her to sleep. A few blocks from my sister in law’s house, I saw a policeman parked on the side of the road. I must have had tired/stressed/dead mommy brain, because I saw the policeman but I didn’t see the stop sign. There was no one out on the road so it wasn’t exactly a dangerous thing. The policeman promptly pulled me over. I sort of wonder if he had been parked in front of the stop sign so I didn’t see it. Anyway, he was very nice and said that he wasn’t going to give me a ticket if I didn’t have any warrants. Good news! I don’t have any warrants and I still have never had a ticket in my life. I should have taken the policeman’s picture so I would have something to put for this.
All week Jackson and Annie have been sick and needy and clingy. It’s been awful. Annie seemed to pull through it, but Jackson’s fever just never would break. I HATE going into the doctor to be told it’s a virus, so I usually play doctor and will only go in if I have diagnosed it as something other than a virus. Day 5 into Jackson’s fever, I took him to his doctors office. He tested negative for strep and he didn’t have an ear infection. The PA said that his tonsils were swollen and pussy, but she said it was likely a virus and didn’t prescribe an antibiotics. His fever was 103 at this visit, by the way. She said that if the fever didn’t break in the next day to bring him back. So here we come Sunday morning and he is still miserable with a high fever so we took him into an Instacare. I forgot it was Easter until we were almost there and then I wondered if they would be open. This doctor wasn’t as stingy with the antibiotics and we got the prescription. Then, with some work, we found a pharmacy that was open on Easter Sunday. Two doses of amoxicillin and he is already looking and feeling much better. I’m hopeful he might sleep through the night.
Yesterday, we tried to make the most of the day by attacking are back patio area. We call it our back yard because we live in an apartment. It was in need of some cleaning, re-organizing, and reconstruction.
(Those are heavy concrete blocks in a sled)
At some point in the week, I took the kids to get their Easter pictures taken to send to grandparents. Both kids were sick and grumpy so I was so pleased to get anything at all.
Some nice lady, bless her heart, saw me taking pictures and offered to take our picture together. Jackson promptly ran away. The lady then saw how big and complicated my camera looked and seemed to regret offering. This is what she got. I like that she got Jackson and the golf cart in the picture too.
Yesterday, I felt like it was forever since we went anywhere so we put very sick Jackson in the bike stroller and went for a short bike ride. I found Annie a smaller helmet so she can be safe too now. I’m thrilled she let us put it on her head and didn’t cry about it being there. After we got back, she crawled back out and climbed up into the trailer again. Annie loves going for rides. Kudos to Colin for pulling 60 lbs of kids.
My favorite picture of this post:
1 comment:
Cute Easter Clothes
Post a Comment