Monday, February 27, 2012

Pooping butterflies

Yup, I said poop. This will be an unsavory post. On Sunday at church, I was changing Miss Annie’s diaper when I noticed something in the diaper that shouldn’t be there: an itty bitty metal butterfly. It looks like there used to be loop on the back of it, so maybe it was sewn to some clothing or part of some little girl jewelry.This was very perplexing as I had never seen this butterfly before. So I did what I’m sure any other mom would do; I fished it out, washed it off, and took it home—there is a mystery to be solved. Sometime in the past couple of weeks (or longer?) Annie swallowed this butterfly and it didn’t happen at my house. Please look at the butterfly carefully, and if you recognize it, I will be glad to return it to you. 

 

DSC_0066 

 

I can’t help but think of this part of the movie “Horton Hears a Who”

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

It's epic! Maybe some clever person could write a song or poem to memorialize it.