It’s been a while since I’ve posted about what Jackson is up to these days. This post is probably more for grandparents, etc. and people really interested in Jackson’s development.
Sleeping
What a difference! At about 6:45, Jackson takes his bath, then gets in his jammies. We say prayer (he folds his arms) then say good night to the people in the pictures on his wall – Celeste, Mama, Daddy, and Jesus. Then I put him in his crib turn off the light and I don’t hear a peep out of him until 7:00 in the morning. This is quite the difference from before where it took an hour to get him to bed, and then he would wake up every 1-2 hours. It took a couple of weeks after he got a hang of night time sleeping, to figure out naps. Now sometime after 12:00, we read a few books, then I put him in his crib. He usually cries for a 2-3 minutes in protest but then goes to sleep for about 2 hours, which seems to be all he needs for sleep during the day. I LOVE this kid!
Eating
With Jackson’s bad sleeping habits, he got a lot of his calories via nursing at night. Now he sleeps, he actually eats during the day. I am amazed and it sometimes seems like he eats more than me. As I am typing he has just gobbled up two and a half bananas. He seems to have grown more too.
Now Jackson sleeps, I have been working on weaning him completely and we are down to just nursing once a day. I think we will be done well before the end of the month. I never imagined I would be nursing an almost 17 month old. At least he’s not a 4 year old—the breast feeding Nazi lady would yell at me if she heard me say that. Crazy lady. It is weird that he can communicate so clearly what he wants. He usually brings me a pillow to let me know. I had to hide the pillows off the sofa so he isn’t reminded as often. I wish he liked drinking cows milk, which would make this easier.
A few weeks back Jackson decided that he no longer needed me to feed him. He now eats completely by himself. It’s a lot messier, but more free time for me.
Jackson loves animals and he gets to see a few on a regular basis. There is an antenna on our neighbors roof that usually has a few starlings sitting on it. Jackson is always looking for the birds and gets so excited when he sees them. He says “barr” for bird.
There are a few stray cats in the neighborhood that are quite friendly. They come sit in our window and look at us. Jackson just loves it when this happens. I have been working hard on trying to teach him the difference between cats and dogs. He still barks like a dog when he sees a cat. He can say the word “dog”.
Other Tricks
Jackson can point to his nose, eyes (blinks), hair, and ears correctly. It’s hard to get him to do it most of the time and impossible to get it on video. Here is a video of some of tricks I did catch Jackson doing lately.
3 comments:
Sensational!!!!
I want one of those kisses!
I love the knife in the sink trick.
Post a Comment