Yesterday Jackson took his first step. He tried a few times more today. He gets so excited about it, that he ends up jumping and falling. I think he was very much inspired by his cousin Celeste walking around when we were in Idaho Falls.
I am counting today as the day he said his first word: Dada. He has been saying “da da da da da” for a long time, but today, when Colin came home from work, the first thing Jackson sad was “Dada” very clearly and appropriately. He said it again when he heard Colin talking from upstairs.
Jackson got a Flu shot last week. I’ve never seen him react so bad to a vaccine and had a higher fever than usual. He has to go back for the booster at the end of the month so I will be prepared. He has a little cold right now. This is the second time he has ever been sick. He has surprised me how healthy he has been. I think I have been sick more than he has in the last year. I thought for sure we would have lots of ear infections, etc. but we have been very fortunate.
3 comments:
Go Jackson! You are so smart!
katrina! i dont know why i didnt add you to my list earlier. ur posts r fun to read. btw--facial hair looks good on ur hubby! giood move. if dan tried to grow it, he would look omish--boo. :)
Poor kid, I never get the flu shot, I am terrified of needles! Good for Jackson though taking his first steps!!! So exciting!
Post a Comment