I’ve been thinking about visiting my sister in Logan for the day for a long time, but the hour and 45 minute drive up there all by self seemed daunting. I finally decided just to do it and it turned to be better than fine (except for the flat tire on the way home). My three kids and her three kids are similar ages so it was a lot of fun for all of them to play together. I especially liked watching the two babies (6 months apart) play together.
Toothless monsters
It got too quite at one point so I went to find the kids and they were sitting listening to Jackson read to them. Amy took us up Logan canyon a little to a spot where Colin did some geotech work for a canal. It was a beautifully perfect.
How on earth did you get the kids to stand there and hold hands and look at the camera you ask?! Amy tricked them by teaching them to play red rover. It was brilliant.
On the way home, just a little before the I-215 interchange, I felt something from the road go up around my tire and get stuck in the top of my wheel well and then after a few rotations of the tire it flew out—about 30 seconds after that I felt the flat tire. I was in the HOV lane and had to cross 6 lanes of traffic to get to the shoulder. Traffic was very busy and fast and I have no idea how I didn’t get hit going that slow trying to move over. (Yes I do, Heavenly Father was protecting my three babies.) I got to the side and noticed how close we were to Colin’s office and called him to have him come rescue me. A state trooper stopped and called and incident management truck to come but Colin had the tire mostly changed by the time the truck got there. I still have never changed a flat by myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment