Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Annie is Two

DSC_0523DSC_0314

1 year[6]DSC_0495

 

Annie made it to two years old. Her doctor’s appt isn’t for another few weeks so we have to wait to find out just how huge she is.

At two years old:

  • Very independent—hasn’t needed me for comforting or rocking to sleep or anything most babies need for quite sometime. Doesn’t need to be anywhere near me and doesn’t need me at all to entertain or play with her. Very self-assured and fearless. When strange adults come talk to her, she doesn’t try to hide or cry, she stares them down trying to figure them out. Her starring is unnerving for adults sometimes. She runs into nursery at church.
  • Physically strong—this girl is scary fast. She’ll take off and I’ll find myself running about the pace I go running at to catch her. She’s over confident physically and climbs onto and into things. She’ll climb to the top of high jungle gyms and I have to be there because she would fall. She thinks she’s fine climbing like that because I’ve never let her fall. I find her standing in the top drawer of her dresser every once in a while (the dresser can’t fall because it’s in her closet). We’ve watched in horror as she’s jumped off tables. She really is the opposite of Jackson who has been so safety-conscious his entire life. 
  • Talker—I stopped long ago keeping track of Annie’s words because she talks so much. She speaks in complete sentences regularly. She uses big words like chocolate and dinosaur. She speaks words and phrases she knows very clearly, but when she’s trying to formulate her own sentences/words it’s very difficult to know what she’s saying.
  • Naughty—Doesn’t listen at all at this point. Frequently will do the naughty thing we are telling her to stop even more/harder. Example: “Don’t hurt the flowers Annie” so she more aggressively touches them. Does things I know she knows are “no-no’s”. Started doing time-outs with her to get her to start listening and maybe even respect us a little. Does not like when we tell her “no” or take something away. Won’t even listen to reasoning—just screams. Still not used to the screaming and drama. Boys are so different—even at this young of an age, I could reason with Jackson.
  • Sweetheart—it’s fun to watch all of Annie’s natural nurturing and loving qualities she came to this earth with. She has her three baby dolls that she carries around and has to have in her crib when she sleeps. She tucks them in and gives them loves. Annie can spot a baby at church or in stores from a mile off. She’s loves the chance to touch a real baby. She has tons of empathy already. I injured my knee a week ago and I was having Colin pull hard on my leg to stretch it out. She saw it—thought he was hurting me and commanded him to “be nice!” Then she showed him how to be nice by holding her little hand out to my leg and making a soothing sound.
  • Best Friend—Jackson is Annie’s best friend and worst enemy. They can play so nice together and have so much fun and then the next minute Annie is screaming her head off at him. Hot and cold.
  • Favorites—grapes, oranges, strawberries, (really any fruit), pizza, any pasta. Curious George (we call it Monkey George) Care Bears, Mini Mouse, Brave. Loves dogs, doesn’t know to be scared of them so she’ll go right up to strangers dogs. Can spot a dog 2 miles away. Loves picking out dresses to wear and other pretties. Likes her dolls and animals, but also loves playing with all of Jackson’s toys (trains, legos, cars).

 

I’m still pretty swamped with camp preparations so I will post pictures from her birthday celebrations when I find a moment.

No comments: