There are three weeks until girls camp. Three weeks to finish planning and get the job done. There are four weeks until girls camp is over. Four weeks until I can take the kids to the park more, cook “real food” for dinner everyday without missing a day, pick up an exercise routine again, blog more, or do some other project besides planning girls camp.
Don’t mistake me, I’m not complaining. I have LOVED the opportunity to be camp director. I have gotten to use a lot of my talents that have been dormant since college. It has been extremely satisfying and rewarding as the case with anything challenging. It sorts of remind me of running a marathon or carrying and delivering a baby. I’m just ready to not be so intensely busy. I miss hanging out in the yard, like we did today after a 2.5 hour camp meeting.
I’m thankful for Colin – he works long hours, sometimes out in the sun and heat of summer, then he comes home and helps me with the kids. He’s the one that’s willing and ready to take care of the kids when I run off to meetings. He’s the one who’s packing the bag Sunday morning while I’m making finishing touches on the sign up sheet to go around at church. He’s the one that’s picking up the slack with house cleaning when I’m too busy to do a load of dishes. He’s the one that rubs my back when I’m over tired and worked up. He’s the one that sympathizes with my complaints and frustrations. He’s the one that pokes fun at the way young women do camping, makes me laugh, and then offers a practical alternative solution. He never, ever, ever, complains. (I’m crying as I typed that last line.) He has literally been my knight in shinning armor. I might be a good camp director, but without him, I couldn’t be my best. Thank you, Colin.
2 comments:
Awwwwwwwwwwe
Love it!
Post a Comment